Sunday, June 30, 2013

Damask Divas July Blog Hop - Surf's Up!

If you came from Shirley Bernal blog then you are in the right place.  If you have jumped here and just discovered our blog hop, feel free to check the list at Damask Divas blog Damask Divas Blog to find the complete list of blog hop participants.

Hope you have a great time on our hop and checking out all the creations using Surfs Up paper pack. If you get lost, just hop on over to Damask Divas Blog for the full list.

Hi all it is that fun creative time of the month again!  the Damask Divas Blog Hop!  This month's featured paper pack is Surfs Up.  I decided to make a small chipboard album for this months project.  Hope you enjoy it.  :)



First the supply list:
Surf's Up Paper Packet
Canvas Alphabet
Opaques Mocha Adhesive Gems
Stamp Pads - Sunset , Chocolate, Bamboo, Goldrush, and Lagoon
Cuttlebug Circle Embossing Folder
Maya road chipboard Album
Ric rak - maize and white
Ribbon - maize, blue, brown
K and co Borders
MAMBI Chipboard Shapes
Joann's 3D Stickers
Blue Rhinestones
Prima Flowers
Gold Stickles




I started this project out by painting the edges of the chipboard album white, and then I cut all the paper to page size by tracing one of the triangle pages that did not have the scallops.  I attached to paper to one side of the page at a time.  Making sure to poke my microscissors through to the other side and cutting the pieces out of the slots for the jump rings.  For the cover I then took a sponge dauber in lagoon ink and dabbed it in the canvas letters.  I then adhered them along with the flowers.  I did a double layer of flowers and used the opaques for the centers.        


For the next pages inside the book I cut the photo mats, inked the edges on most of them, and adhered 3D embellishments and accents.  On the first double page layout I added an embossed paper piece as an accent (I love the embossed look so you know I had to put it in there somewhere lol).  On the third picture above page I put a hidden tag for journaling in that layout.  I put it behind one of the photo mats with large white ric rack attached to the top.  

 
On the back I also cut the photo mat and adhered the accents.  On the jump rings I tied ribbon and fiber all around them.  The key to making the most of a completed mini album like this is printing your pictures in WALLET SIZE.  They will fit perfectly and you will have the best brag album for your desk.  :) 


Well, you made it to the end of this month's hop.  We hope you had as much fun browsing our creations made with the Surf's Up Paper as we had making them!  If you would like to check things out again just hop on over to Damask Divas Blog for the complete list of blogs. Thanks so much for hopping with us--now go get your crafty on!
XOXO Happy crafting!
:) Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment