Saturday, June 8, 2013

June 100 Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop


June's 100 Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop 
You should have started at http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/ if not please start at the beginning. :)
Welcome everyone!  I’m excited to show you what I can up with for this month’s blog hop.  I used 6 different Cricut cartridges and made 6 different projects.  The first project I would like to show you is a party invite I made using Frightful Affair.  


Supplies used: Cricut Frightful Affair cartridge, Paper Studios cobweb embossing folder, Jim Holtz fence embossing folder, Die Cuts with a View Metallic cardstock, red and black Close to My Heart inks, Close to My Heart Swirl Stroke lowercase, Happy Hauntings (retired), and Art Philosophy Celebrations stamp sets, mini google eyes


 The how to: I cut the metallic cardstock ¼ inch smaller than the card, embossed it with the cobweb pattern, and then sanded it.  I cut the zombie and zombie layers from Frightful Affair.  I then stamped You’re Invited and cut the stamped image in a rectangle.  I inked the edges of the rectangle to give it a bloody look.  I put together the zombie (his bloody knee piece I put on the opposite side then indicated in the handbook since I knew the you’re invited sign would cover it up).  I then outlined his mouth with a black pen and attached the google eyes.  Next step step was to adhere everything to the card.  next I embossed the fence on white cardstock and inked with a sponge the embossed fence with black ink.  I then stamped the info inside the card and attached the fence to the bottom of the card. 
***Note - If there is anyone who doesn't know how to ink edges of paper or with a sponge just leave a comment letting me know that and I will create a video blog entry to show you how.  :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next project I completed was a super easy and quick Christmas card.


  Supplies used: Cricut Close to My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge, silver stickles, CTMH red and green inks, CTMH Ornamental Cheer stamp set, silver ribbon

 
The how to:  I cut a piece of black cardstock to fit the front of the card.  Then I cut the ornament shape from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge (3 inch size as indicated on the CTMH Ornamental Cheer stamp set).  After that I stamped the ornament with the coordinating stamp from the Ornamental cheer stamp set.  The next step was to cut a small piece of silver ribbon and tie a little knot in it.  I cut another piece of ribbon that I used to make it look like the ornament is hanging on the front of the card.  I then attached the ornament and ribbon.  The last step was to add silver stickles to make it pop.  I applied the silver stickles by putting a small amount on a paper towel and then blotting it onto the card around the ornament and ribbon.  I stamped the inside of the card with the sediment “Wishing you a holiday filled with joy.”  This sediment stamp is also on Ornamental Cheer from CTMH.  This card is easy and quick to make.  Perfect design for making many for the Christmas season! 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My third project I created for this hop is a birthday card for a great friend.
Supplies used: The Hoot and Hollar Cricut Cartridge, large orange gem, Queen and Co Twinkle Goosebumps - green, CTMH Just a Number stamp set, star spangled blue ink, and google eyes 


The how to: First I cut out the adorable owl and assembled him.  Instead of using the belly for the owl on the cartridge I used a felt flower (this came from my stash and I am not sure who makes it sorry).  I put a gem inside the middle of the flower.  I then added google eyes (I like to use google eyes I think they make a project come alive).  I cut the white piece of cardstock and stamped the sediment “With age comes wisdom…”.  For the inside of the card I cut a piece of white cardstock a 1/4 an inch smaller then the card.  I inked the edges and then stamped the sediment "You are one of the wisest people I know."  The perfect card for a great friend!      

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For my next creation I made a card for newlyweds (a subject I am loving since I recently tied the knot myself).  


Supplies used: Tie the Knot Cricut cartridge, CTMH Kraft card,  Paper Studio embossing folder,For Always CTMH paper pack, Love You and Adorable Backgrounds stamp sets (both retired), CTMH red sparkles, CTMH red ink, and Queen and Co Rhinestone Trios in black.



The how to:
First I cut the paper pieces for the card from the patterned paper and adhered them.  Next I cut the heart from the Tie the Knot cartridge.  Then I embossed the heart with the love embossing folder and sanded it down.  I followed that with stamping the adorable background pattern on the card flap.  Next step attach the heart with 3-d foam adhesive and I added black gems to the background pattern on the card flap.  Next I cut the white cardstock for the inside of the card.  I stamped the white cardstock and adhered it to the inside of the card.  Last steps are to cut the Mr & Mrs from red cardstock, ran it through my Xyron, and attached it to the envelop.  



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 Next project is a special way to say congrats to all those Grads out there!



Supplies used:Cricut Something to Celebrate cartridge,  Die Cuts with a View Shimmer cardstock, glitter cardstock, black cardstock, Scrapbooking Adhesives photo corners, silver decorative dots, and Close to My Heart Casual Expressions stamp set




First step for this card I cut the gray metallic cardstock back ground.  It is 1/4th an inch smaller than the card.  The next step I used the Something to Celebrate cartridge to cut the mortar board shape.  I used glitter cardstock to cut the top of the mortar board and regular black card stock for the bottom part.  It was a bit tough to catch on camera to show you.  I did this to give it a bit of extra depth.  I assembled the mortar board pieces.  I then stamped congratulations on white cardstock and cut it down to the rectangle.  I adhered the gray metallic cardstock, attached the photo corners, and adhered the stamped congratulations image.  I then added the silver decorative dots.  I adhered the mortar board with foam adhesive to give it more depth.  That easy!







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My last project for you to check out today is for all the cat lovers out there.  This is a birthday card from your cat. :)
Supplies I used: Cricut celebrations cartridge, Cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder, CTMH Meow (retired) and Perfect fit Birthday stamp sets, 4 mini pewter brads, Bazzill Bling blue and google eyes
 The how to: First I cut the green piece just a ¼ inch smaller than the card.  Then I embossed the green piece with the Happy birthday design and adhered it to the card.  I then cut the cat face and pieces.  I put the cat together outlining the cut detail in black marker, attached google eyes, and then attached the cat to the bling cardstock.  I attached the bling cardstock to the white cardstock, put the brads in the corners, and adhered the box with the cat face with 3d foam adhesive.  The last step was to stamp Happy birthday and the paw print on the inside of the card.  My idea was you can write the cats name next to the paw print.  :)

  
Well I hope you enjoyed my creations for this month.  Remember you can just shoot me an email if you ever have questions about my creations.  

Next on the blog hop is: Dee at - http://craftfavorites.com

In case you get turned around the entire lineup for the blog hop is:

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.  Happy crafting all!
XOXO :) Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment